As an Austrian company, upstreamNet has been able to meet its excellent reputation for high-quality housing services and IP connectivity on the highest standard for more than a decade. A change in the ownership structure in 2010, gave the successful company a broader base and the service and performance portfolio in the new company network is expanded to include infrastructure solutions, managed services, applications and qualified consulting services.
The focus of the company's activities will continue to be the operation of (financial)certified data centers in the Vienna area, as well as IP connectivity via the international network AS8218, which was set up in 2004 together with the French partner Neo Telecoms. As part of this network, upstreamNet provides, among other things, national Internet providers with a fail-safe international connectivity. The main focus is on customers who operate internet-critical services and require high bandwidths in addition to guaranteed availability. In spite of or perhaps because of these international possibilities, upstreamNet is your Austrian solution provider to realize all the topics in a straightforward, competent way and from a single source.
upstreamNet at a glance
- Founding of AboveNet Communications GmbH, an Austrian subsidiary of AboveNet Communications Inc., one of the world's largest internet network and data center operators. The company is founded by a joint venture with the Raiffeisen Rechenzentrums GmbH.
- Metromedia Fiber Network (MFN) acquires AboveNet Communications Inc. with all its subsidiaries. In the course of this transaction, MFN also acquires the shares of Raiffeisen from the joint venture and AboveNet Austria is integrated into the Group as a whole.
- The Austrian subsidiary is sold through a management buy-out as part of the restructuring of the AboveNet Inc. business unit. The management is taken over by Andreas Welleditsch, former general manager of AboveNet Austria and now managing shareholder.
- AboveNet Communications GmbH now operates under the name upstreamNet Communications GmbH. As a Tier 2 provider, the company continues to provide its customers in the usual quality with high-availability services in the new “AS8218” network.
- After changes in the ownership structure, the portfolio in the new company network is expanded to include infrastructure solutions, managed services, applications and qualified consulting services. upstreamNet is a management owned, independent Austrian company.
- The possibilities in the area of colocation are expanded by adding data center space in the on demand center (ODC21). As of now additional 200 square meter of data center space is available, which can be adapted to individual customer requirements. The integration into the own Dark Fiber Backbone opens up new possibilities for high availability and site redundancy from a single source.